Visit Our Google+ 8000 Member
Gardening Community
Our Tomato and Vegetable Gardens

Join My Private Gardening Community
for New Gardeners:
My First Vegetable Garden

Search this Blog & All the Linked Member's Garden Blogs

My Garden on Instagram

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Using a Garden Greenhouse: Securing & Heat Sources


Part 1 of 6: Securing and Heat Sources
 for Vegetable Garden Greenhouses

I am going to do a 6 part series on collapsible greenhouses you can buy in a store. This greenhouse is 6 x 8 feet and it was purchased  for 75% off at Big Lots. It only cost about $30. I think it was worth the investment. My goal is to grow lots of greens as far as I can into the winter. But I do have a few tomatoes in there. Salad just isn't right with out tomatoes.



The series will cover many aspects of fall gardening with a greenhouse. I will cover, in this video, methods of securing the plastic and frame from wind and how to create radiating heat sources for extra night time warmth. Other topics will cover cool weather crops, disease prevention, temperature, over-wintering peppers and possibly (if I decide to keep the greenhouse up through late December and January) full heating elements.

I invite you to learn about using a fall greenhouse to extend your gardening season by several months. I live in Maryland Zone 7, so these techniques are geared to my typical fall and winter temperatures.



Gardening Questions? Join My Google+ Community
Our Tomato and Vegetable Gardens

Over 100 HD Garden Videos: Join
My YouTube Video Gardening Channel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Videos: Growing, Tending & Pruning Tomatoes

Complete Guide to Starting Tomatoes Indoors


How to Grow Large Tomatoes in Containers


Growing Brandywine Tomatoes


How to Build a Hot-House Tomato Cage


How to Transplant Tomato Seedlings into Cups


How Prune, Stake and Remove Suckers


Using Grass Clipping for Mulch and a Soil Barrier


Single, Double and Triple Tomato Stem Pruning


The Baxter's Bush Cherry Container Tomato


Complete Guide to Growing Heirloom Tomatoes


The Kentucky Orange Heirloom Tomato

Our Tomato and Vegetable Garden - Pinterest Board